Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Touring the island

Sorry...really really sorry this took so long...honestly I totally forgot I hadn't put the captions on there!  OOPS!
***trying Rambutan- I looks prickly like a porcupine, but the spikes are in fact soft...it's really weird!****
Singapore is known for all the things you CAN'T do...so much that they list them on a shirt!!
This is on the famous Orchard Road (where all the big name stores are like Hermes! I don't shop on this street) 
Singapore River: This is a boat tour that goes out to the Merlion (haven't taken it yet) Pretty bridge
That's me...Singapore River...and across the river is Boat Quay (said like key)
Arms locked with my new boyfriend! Meeting new people is always important in a new country!
You should always partake in cultural events with the locals! ("When in Rome, do as the Romans do")
Esplanade (the performing arts/cultural arts center) Singapore's famous Merlion (part merperson, part lion)
I was kinda intrigued by the tunnel and went running down it...being silly :-) I didn't take this cool shot, Gretchen did.  I sure wish I was that talented!
****Hehe...I liked the tree!******
Me again being silly...swinging around the lightpost singing "Singing in the Rain" and yes, it was raining! I needed some new shoes...think these are a good pair?????
****Yet another cool tree...
...that I thought I should try as a headdress!!  hehe*******
Not quite as awesome as my favorite building in Atlanta...but it's pretty cool Boat Quay
Yet another list of things you CAN'T do in Singapore! I LOVE Milo!!!  It's a chocolate drink or mix...kinda like Ovaltine. Really cool building (actually a building with really cool windows) It's the Ministry of Entertainment and Censorship or something like that...unless you are my housemate Alicia who says it's where Sesame Street started...Big Bird in the yellow windows, Elmo in the red, Oscar in the green...yeah, she has a story for everything!
The "American" diner where we ate dinnner Dessert!
Forgive me...I thought it was pre-tty funn-y! This restaurant (Clinic) was visited by Anthony Bourdain while he was taping the episode of  "No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain" featuring Singapore. All the stuff is themed as an operating room...surgical tables, wheelchairs, lots of other crazy stuff.  I didn't actually eat there.  Just took pictures as we walked through Clarke Quay.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool pics!! It looks like you are having a good time and seeing a lot of neat stuff. Talk with you soon.

    Keep the pictures coming......

    ReplyDelete