These are the happenings of my life from Memorial Day to 4th of July (minus the 2 weeks of PFO)
Memorial Day game!!!! with Banana (or Benay), Jason, Josh and friends.
They won!!! :-)
The last day of school I got a pic with my favorite Melissa Reed! She's WONDERFUL!!!
The annual "Fripp Trip" with the other 3rd grade teachers. I would include more...but "what happens at Fripp, stays at Fripp!" I'll miss Fripp '09, but I hope they plan a later summer trip for 2010 so I can come!!!!
My wonderful church did something that truly blessed me with VBS this year. This is a picture of the last day where they announced how much money they collected with the kids' offerings. The offering was going towards missions. One half went to Trinidad missions and the other half went to Singapore (ME!!). I was sooo blessed and humbled!!!!! Thanks to any and all who helped with that!!!!!! They brought in $2300 in all! WOW!!!!
Father's Day with David (my brother) and his kids. I love them!!!!!
YAY!!! My Nichole came to see me!! She brought me Corner Cafe! Which is my ABSOLUTE favorite restaurant EVER!!!!! It made me happy! She's the best!! I'm really going to miss talking to her every morning on the way to work! (She ALWAYS closes her eyes in pics-we tried 3 times and each time...eyes closed!)
June 20- Braves game with David and the kids!!! It was great!! Not just because we had pretty SPECTACULAR seats, but because I got to spend some time with my brother and niece and nephew!!! :-) We were pretty close to the dugout, so I got some nice views/shots with my cam :-) That was my last close up of McCann!! Hehe! That was the game they unveiled the (in my opinion) stupid CFA cow to lead the tomahawk chop. The MOST ridiculous thing I've seen! TERRIBLE! I hate the cow. (They lost that game by the way)
June 21- Saturday Braves game...that was an adventure. A) We were late for the game. 2) Jess couldn't find a parking place. C) We decide to leave and watch the game at Jock's and Jill's so I can see Jess. 4) Jock's and Jill's is closed, so we decide to go to TacoMac in the Virginia Highlands. E) No Parking. 6) We finally decide to watch the game at Manuel's, which happens to be one of my faves. So we were able to hang out and watch the Braves win!!!! :-) At least I finally got to watch a game with Jessica (UWG roomie).
So Mom and Alex (lil sis from prom pic) come to the airport to pick me up from PFO and take me to the Braves game for the Fourth of July! :-) I was a very happy girl!! I cried...I actually teared several times that day. I teared up seeing ATL in the plane...knowing I was saying "Hello" only to have to say "Goodbye" in 11 days. I teared up at the sight of the wonderful faces greeting me at the airport. I teared at the singing of God Bless America. And I had tears STREAMING down my face through "Proud to be an American" during the firework show. What can I say...I'm an emotional person!
I'll finish when I get to Singapore!! I've got to shut down the laptop to pack it up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment