Thursday, November 3, 2011
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO
So we got our "Letter of Intent" this week. This is the letter they send to those asking them to renew their contracts. Over the last year or so, I've been thinking about different options and what to do with my life. I've been uncertain about whether to stay and continue my work and ministry here, or if it is time for me to move somewhere else. About two weeks ago, I really felt like God was telling me to stay...that He isn't done with my work here. I love Singapore and I love ICS. I don't want to leave, I just want to go. I don't even know if that makes sense. But it does in my heart. I feel like the Lord still has plans for me here. I want Him to say "GO" again, I just don't think He has. I have faith that one day He will.
So, with tears in my eyes, I checked the box that said I would like to stay another year, signed my name, and turned it in. I feel like staying is the right thing and this is the right place for me, the Lord confirmed that for me this summer, so I don't know why I have such issues now. Please pray that I start to enjoy my job again (accreditation is consuming me and stealing my joy) and that the Lord provides opportunities for me to disciple some girls and that I seek those opportunities. Those are things that will help my issues. The girls that I have been in small group with since I first got here have all moved away now, so it is time to start new. It's a difficult task for me because I love so deeply that it hurts so much when they are gone. When you open yourself up again, you know it is only going to hurt again. So here I am, praying for Round 3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally understand! I wish you could come home too but want you to follow the Lord's will and not mine. I love you!
ReplyDelete