Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wow, where does the time go?

Yes, I know...it's been SUCH a long time! I even had people ask when I was going to update my blog again. But..well...I'll try to catch you up on things. (And try to do better from now on) The end of the school end was crazy and busy! I'll pick two things to talk about: One- God really pricked (or punched) my heart on a trip we took to Cambodia. While it was amazing to see Angkor Wat, my heart was broken to see the condition that the people live in there. There is a "floating village" where refugees from Vietnam live, actually live. They have no address, no roots, just a house that flows with the ebb and tibe of the Mekong River and Ton Le Sap lake. In the city, the people live in huts on stilts...their children run around with only shirts on, if that. I could post pictures, but they cannot even begin to capture the atmosphere there. Two-The school year ended in a very different way for me. It almost felt like when I was moving from my last school. I had to pack up my whole room, and attempt to leave my plans/resources/ideas in a way that the other 4th grade teacher could use them. I had to say goodbye to teaching... knowing I was very excited about my new job, but that I would miss the joy and excitement those munchkins bring. A couple of weeks before school was out, I was asked to cover admissions while the Admissions Director was back in the US for a couple of weeks over the summer. Well, the couple of weeks turned into ...well...I'm still doing it. He decided to move back to the US. He came back for one week to pack up here and give me a crash course in the world of Admissions! So I am now Curriculum Coordinator and Admissions Director...until January when a much more qualified woman comes in to be the Admissions Director! PRAISE YE THE LORD! Life is a bit challenging and the Lord is teaching me confidence (which I'm taking WAY too long to learn) and time management and trusting in Him. Summer? I was very glad for Mom's visit! She got a little glimpse of what life is like here. We made a short trip up to northern Thailand, which was great to get a change of scenery and see some nature. After mom left, I had a couple tough solitary weeks that God used to teach me self-dependence and relying on His strength and sanity. Then a college friend Nicole came to visit. She came right in the midst of me finding out I had a new (second) job for a while, so she was a nice reason to get a break from the office. I was very glad when people started coming back to Singapore. I now know that I can make it through a summer here by myself, but I don't ever care to try it again! Some people are made for lots of alone time...but that ain't me! My life lately? There are 4 other friends I work with that have come together and we've started a small group Bible study. We are doing Beth Moore's Psalms of Ascent. It's pretty much amazing! And we are only a week into it! I'm also starting a small group with some teenage girls. It was one thing I was really excited about being able to do this year. I won't let my second job stop that. I love these girls and want to see them grow into beautiful strong young ladies that love our Lord. Please join me in praying for them and me. Pray for open hearts and easily moldable clay that the Potter can shape. Pray for guidance and confidence for me. And for satan to take his evil little lies back to hell where they all belong. Ok, so I hope to do this more often and sorry for slacking! Love you all and miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment